Bodywork COVID-19 Policies/Requirements
The health and wellness of my clients is and always has been my highest priority. I know that many have concerns about the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As a State Medical Board of Ohio Licensed Massage Therapist, and also a Certified Medical Assistant, I am educated on and practice proper sanitization, hygiene, and Standard Precautions at all times in my medical massage office. It is my duty to stay apprised of all updates about COVID-19 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, State Medical Board of Ohio, and Ohio Health Department.
Some sanitization practices that have always been and continue to be implemented to assist in transmission prevention include:
-Changing of every linen that client comes in contact with during their massage.
-Handwashing before and after every massage.
-Using medical grade disinfectant wipes on all surfaces that could house potential pathogens - this includes face cradles, bolsters, massage stools, massage lotion bottles, door knobs, computer keyboards, credit card swipes, etc.
- Storing used massage linens in an isolated container within a sealed plastic bag.
Additional sanitization and safety practices that have been put in place since COVID-19:
- An air purifier with a HEPA filter will be continuously during sessions.
- Door and windows are opened after every client to assist in ventilation.
- Massage therapist will wear a mask for the client's protection, client will wear a mask for the therapist's protection.
- Client's temperature will be taken with a no-contact thermometer immediately upon arrival to their appointment.
- A COVID-19 prescreening form will be required electronically 24 hours before each appointment.
Any client who is feeling ill will be required to reschedule their massage. (It is already a contraindication to provide massage if a client has symptoms of a cold or the flu.) I will also do the same for you; if I'm feeling ill or there is illness in my family that needs managed, I will reschedule your massage.
Even though all required safety precautions are being implemented in the office, please understand that there is still not a 100% guarantee that transmission of COVID-19 won't happen. There is still some risk involved regarding the possibility of COVID-19 transmission while receiving a massage.
As always, feel free to give me a call directly if you have any concerns you need to discuss. (937) 559-8028. Thank you for your patience as we all learn to adjust to these uncertain times.
Yours in Health & Wellness,